Get to know some of Iowa's most creative minds by exploring Iowa City - a UNESCO City of Literature - and the house that inspired Grant Wood's American Gothic. Dive into more history and culture at diverse museums in the Quad Cities and Cedar Rapids. The heritage and charm of the Amana Colonies and Villages of Van Buren make for unforgettable, story-worthy memories.
The Storied & Scenic Area is best known for:
- Bustling metros with culture and cuisine including Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and the Quad Cities.
- Landscape and architecture that inspired Grant Wood and his colony of artists.
- Views of the Mississippi River.
- Burlington's winding Snake Alley, named one of Ripley's Believe It or Not! Odd Spots Across America.
- Authentic German heritage in the Amana Colonies.
- Popular parks like Maquoketa Caves, Wildcat Den and Lacey-Keosauqua.
Interstates and Highways
Hours Away From:
Omaha, 3.75 hours away
St. Louis, 4 hours away