The outdoor oasis of northeast Iowa boasts stunning limestone bluffs, flowing rivers and winding scenic byways. Explore with your canoe and fishing pole, or take the thrill-seeking up a notch at one of Iowa’s whitewater parks. Explore Decorah’s small-town vibe, the excitement of Waterloo and Cedar Falls, or take in the view from the top of Fenelon Place Elevator in Dubuque.
The Driftless is best known for:
- Limestone cliffs along the Mississippi River and near Decorah.
- Excellent cold-water trout fishing and water sports locations.
- The iconic Field of Dreams movie site.
- The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium.
- Iowa's newest theme park, Lost Island Adventure Park, in Waterloo.